Creamy Seafood Chowder
Nutrition per serving: 273 Calories, 18g Carbohydrates, 6g Fat, 27g Protein, 6g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1 Tbsp Butter
1 Cup diced onion
2 Cups diced potatoes
1 Can baby clams, drained
1 bag (350g) raw, shelled prawns
½ Cup lean ham, diced
½ Cup dry vermouth or white wine
4 Cups Low sodium chicken broth
1.5 Cups 2% Milk
¼ Cup Flour
¼ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried dill
salt/pepper to taste
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot
2. Add Onions and cook just until they begin to soften. Add garlic powder, dill, salt and pepper
3. Add vermouth or wine, then add the diced potatoes
4. Add the chicken broth, turn heat to medium high and cook potatoes on a gentle boil just until tender
5. Add the ham, clams and prawns
6. Whisk together the flour and milk and add to the pot then add the parmesan cheese.
7. Bring back up to a gentle boil and cook 5-10 minutes until prawns are cooked through and soup has slightly thickened.
If you prefer not to add alcohol you may substitute with an addition ½ cup of chicken broth.
You can easily adjust the flavours of this soup by adding additional seafood such as white fish or salmon. Simply add at the same time you add the prawns.