Protein Peanut Butter Bars
Nutrition Per Serving: 191 Calories, 9g Carbohydrates, 12g Fat, 10g Protein, 3g Sugar
By Deanna Hill
1.5 Cups Brown rice crisp cereal
4 Scoops (1 Cup) Vanilla protein powder (We love Isagenix Isapro)
¼ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
2/3 Cup Natural peanut butter
3 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
6 Tbsp Unsweetened almond milk
¼ Cup PB2
2 Tbsp Dark chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, mix 1/3 Cup peanut butter with the melted coconut oil and 2 Tbsp Almond milk. Mix well. (If your PB is very thick, heat it in the microwave for a short time until it is smooth and stirable, this will help it mix better with the dry ingredients)
2. Mix in 2 Scoops of the protein powder & the unsweetened cocoa powder and stir well until smooth.
3. Stir in the rice crisps. (at this point you may find it easier to mix by hand)
4. Press the mixture into an 8x8 pan and set aside.
5. Mix together the remaining peanut butter, 4 Tbsp of the unsweetened almond milk, 2 scoops of protein powder and the PB2. Mix well. The mixture will be thick.
6. Press Peanut butter mixture onto the chocolate layer. Then set in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
7. Melt the chocolate chips until smooth and drizzle over the peanut butter layer.
8. Place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes, then remove and cut into squares.
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer.